Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"When You Were Mine" original

When You Were Mine”
Music and lyrics written by Emma White
Acoustic guitar and vocals : Emma White

Verse 1:

I'm lying awake, it's 2 AM
Why do I always have to miss you
Cuz everything that you do is beautiful

Lightning strikes through the darkness
It strikes right through my heart
But don't worry I'll be okay
I'm only falling apart


Chorus:

A country song comes on the radio
It takes me back cuz it's one we both know
And that old dirt we used to drive down
Is where I found myself
Take me back to the time
When you were mine


Verse 2:
Standin in the rain
I watched as everything changed
Let me out of this mess I'm livin in
And let me into your arms again


Chorus


Bridge:

I don't know what you see in that girl
But what we had together was the best thing in the world and
I don't regret all the times that we've had
But I'd do anything to have them back



A country song comes on the radio
It takes me back, I sing along



No comments:

Post a Comment